OUR TINY FAMILY

Our little family is fairly new. Justin and I met about 2 years ago by chance through a dating site. I know what you’re thinking …. YIKES! Trust me, I had the same feeling when my girlfriend was signing me up to get me ‘back out there’. The last thing I wanted to do was worry if I was going to end up on the next episode of 48 hours or even worse, have awkward conversation with a stranger. But Justin was a familiar face.

How you may ask? Well, we had grown up in the same town, went to the same high school, were in the same graduating class with no knowledge of who the other was really. So it was an easing feeling knowing that the person I was going out to dinner with was actually who they say they were. PHEW! From that moment on we were Justin and Vania, Vania and Justin. We were like any new couple, juggling work and a bit of a long distance relationship for a little while, as Justin was working in the city at the time. But within a few short months, our world turned upside right.

We found out that we were expecting our son Kaeden together. We were so beyond excited to have a son as our first born, not that we wouldn’t have been excited for a girl, but we both just always dreamed of having a son. From that first moment that we laid eyes on our son, he has been the best thing that either of us has ever done. It’s crazy to think about how much he has taught us in 8 short months. Let me tell you, when you have a kid, you better love your significant other cause man, does it all hang out. Your good, bad, ugly, pretty, stinky self. It all comes out and there is NO escaping it. But we survive it, somehow. When people ask me do you like being a parent, I normally give the typical ‘It’s great!’ answer. But let me be honest here, being a parent is the best and hardest thing we have ever done. There are days where I am just grateful to have put pants on….

But each and every day, we make it through it. And we do it together.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

9 Comments

• Reply Stephanie Escobar

Beautiful family!! I’m loving this blog and I can’t wait to read more! Proud of you Vania! Miss and love you chica!

August 31, 2016 at 2:10 pm
    • Reply Vania

Aw, thank you Stephanie! Your love and support means so much! I am so glad that you like it! Love and miss you too amiga! xo

August 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm
  • Reply Sherry Bellucci

I love your family! Ok, so I am a little biased. You are part of my family after all. 😉 I am excited for your blog. I see it as a way to keep up with you all more. I wish we all lived closer to each other. You are off to a great start. Love you all! Aunt Sherry

September 1, 2016 at 12:56 am
    • Reply Vania

Haha! We are family! (and yes, I am singing the song in my head) We wish you guys lived closer too! Thank you so much for the love and support! It means so much, even from a distance! Love you guys xoxo

September 1, 2016 at 1:55 pm
  • Reply Vivian

Loving this blog! I can’t wait to read more. I am the only person out of my friends to have a child so it’s hard to talk to people that don’t understand what I mean. I will say this, I give the exact same response about being a parent all the time and it’s ” It is the greatest but also the hardest gift that I have ever been given but it’s a chapter in my life I wouldn’t ever want to change.” You’re doing an amazing job girl! Xoxo

September 1, 2016 at 2:39 am
    • Reply Vania

Vivi! I am so glad that you like it! I’m glad it’s going to be a place for you to have an outlet also! That makes me so happy! Us moms have to stick together cause this parent thing is HARD! If there’s any topics you think should be hit on in the mommy department, let me know!

September 1, 2016 at 1:59 pm
  • Reply Sarah

Proud of you Vania! This is beautiful!

September 1, 2016 at 2:41 am
    • Reply Vania

Thank you, sarah my love! xo

September 1, 2016 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Vania

Hey guys, please don’t forget to comment on my blog! After all, there is plenty of space to comment. Don’t forget! Xoxo

September 13, 2016 at 7:17 pm