Being a mom is one of the greatest things you can be in this world. The day I knew that I was going to be a mom, I was so excited! I had been waiting for this moment my whole life! But you don’t realize how hard it really is until you have so graciously earned the title. When you become a mom, your child becomes the single most important thing and it consumes you. You turn into this grouchy beast that your husband is afraid of … (be very afraid!)
Self-love can be easily overlooked but as a mom it is so important. When you take time to love yourself, you become the best version of yourself. You radiate happy and you feel like you can conquer anything!
And happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t. (I just had to throw this Elle Woods quote in, hehehe!)
I’ve thrown together a few of my favorite self-love tips below! Now, start the love and go find your happy!
- Ask for help. Asking for help as a new mom was the hardest thing for me but I can’t tell you how many times it has been my life saver. Don’t be afraid to ask for help on those days that you need it. Extra hands is always a plus and every mom needs a break, now and then.
- Take a mom-cation. Take a week long trip somewhere in the bahamas … (um, momtrip anyone?!) Sounds nice, right?! I know, it’s hard to take a vacation. You don’t need a big fancy vacation. Even a mini trip to the nail salon can be relaxing. Whatever you like to do to recharge, do it! A couple hours alone can mean the world to a hard working mama!
- Get in some quality me time. This can be a hard thing to come by as a mom. You’re raising this tiny human and it hardly seems far that you take a second away from them. WRONG! Sometimes, its good to spend time alone and recharge those batteries. Your sanity will thank you.
- Pamper yourself. I’ve always felt that just because women become moms, it doesn’t mean we have to become a hot mess. Go get your hair done, put on those cute jeans. Do something nice for YOU, because you deserve it! You’ll feel, and look amazing after!
- Plan date nights. Ok, we have been really bad at this lately! Schedules fill up quick, and there is just not enough time in a week. It’s so easy as a parent to neglect your significant other. But before baby, it was just you and them. You’re relationship is important too! So make each other feel important and keep up that bond now more than ever.
- Try something new. Take a chance, do something crazy. A new hobby or interest can bring a spark into your day. Always find time time for the things that make you happy.
- Don’t compare yourself. I’ll say it again. DON’T COMPARE YOURSELF. Everybody’s is different, and to say one is like the other is just crazy. Everyone has flaws. No mom has their shit fully together. Be true to you, have a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise.